This section was written on the assumption that based on the use of the WIZ120SR evaluation board using the WIZ752SR-125 module.
Unpacking the WIZ752SR-125
What's in the Box?
The WIZ752SR-125 evaluation board package contains the following parts.
- WIZ752SR-120 Module
- Cables (Ethernet / Serial)
- DC 5V/2A adapter
The entire list of parts of the board is available at the WIZ752SR-125 Overview: Product Contents page.
Prerequisites for Setup
- Configuration tool program (Download page)
- TCP server / TCP client / UDP terminal program
- Serial terminal program
- Your WIZ752SR-125 module
- Ethernet cable
- DB9 serial RS-232 cable
- 5V/2A DC adapter
Connect Your WIZ752SR-125
WIZ752SR-125 Factory Settings
|Network Settings||Local||IP address||192.168.11.2||-|
|:::||:::||DNS server||188.8.131.52||Google Public DNS|
|Serial Port Settings||RS-232C-1||115200-8-N-1 / Flow Control: None||-|
|:::||RS-232C-2||115200-8-N-1 / Flow Control: None||-|
|User's I/O Settings||UserIO A||Analog / Input||Read only|
|:::||UserIO B||Digital / Input||Read only|
|:::||UserIO C||Digital / Output||Read / Write|
|:::||UserIO D||Digital / Output||Read / Write|
Operation mode: TCP server mode
Debug message: Enabled
Serial command mode switch: Enabled
Serial command mode switch code: +++ (hex code, [2B][2B][2B])
Data packing option - Time: Disabled
Data packing option - Size: Disabled
Data packing option - Char: Disabled
Inactivity Timer: Disabled
Reconnection Timer: 3 second
Keep-Alive: Enabled, 7-sec initial delay, 5-sec send interval
Double check that the WIZ752SR-120 and the PC, or laptop you are using to set up WIZ752SR-120 with are both on the 5same Ethernet network.
Example: PC Network Settings
* When the WIZ750SR's settings are factory default,
|Network Settings||PC or laptop|
User should to matching the network settings of 'WIZ750SR-120's remote host' and 'PC (or laptop)' for testing TCP client/mixed mode.
If the DHCP(automatic IP allocation) is used, both the WIZ752SR-120 and test PC must be set to be assigned the same IP from the same router.
The WIZ752SR-125 is designed to use the DB9 connector to connect with the user’s serial device. Therefore, it is recommended to have all Ethernet and serial ports connected to the PC when testing. If the PC does not have a serial port, please purchase a RS-232 to USB converter separately.
Step 1: Plug in
Connect the WIZ752SR-125 module to the cable as shown in the picture below.
- Used to connect the evaluation board’s RJ-45 connector and the PC’s Ethernet network interface card (PC's RJ-45 connector)
- Used to connect the evaluation board’s DB9 connector and the serial interface card (DB9 connector). If the PC does support serial interface, use the RS-232 to USB converter.
Step 2: Power on
Connect the 5V power adaptor to the evaluation board and turn on the power switch.
- The power LED will turn red once the evaluation board is on.
Step 3: Search
Open the configuration tool and click the search button.
If the board is turned on and connected to the same network, the MAC address or settings of the WIZ752SR-125 module can be checked using the configuration tool.
|Figure: WIZnet Configuration Tool|
Step 4: Set up your WIZ752SR-125
Change the settings accordingly to the customer’s environment. The test shown in this document is based on factory setting.
Step 5: Connect
Connect the PC as the TCP client of the user’s serial device for data communication testing. In order to do this, the serial terminal program / TCP client terminal program must be opened on the PC. The serial terminal program and TCP client program must be set as below.
- Serial terminal program: 115200-8-N-1, Flow control: None
- TCP client program: 192.168.11.2:5000 (The IP address and port number of WIZ750SR)
The COM port for serial terminal program connection can be checked as below.
- Control Panel > System > Device Manager
|Figure: Device Manager|
Step 6: Verify
The basic data communication of the WIZ752SR-125 can be verified as below.
Serial to Ethernet: data communication verification
- Enter the character string in the serial terminal and check if the identical character string appears on the TCP client terminal.
Ethernet to Serial: data communication verification
- Enter the character string in the TCP client terminal and check if the identical character string appears on the serial terminal.
Step 7: Done
Now you’re ready to use the WIZ752SR-125!
This document is based on the assumption of the PC as the serial device / remote network device.
The next step is to connect the WIZ752SR-125 module to the target serial device and check if the device can communicate, control, and monitor via the remote PC or monitoring server.
If there is any problem?
Please refer to our Troubleshooting Guide!