- ARM mbed compatible operation
- Arduino Pin-compatible
- Ethernet (W5500 Hardwired TCP/IP chip)
W5500 Ethernet shield is designed using the WIZnet W5500 chip. Please click the link for the further information about W5500. It supports both 3.3V & 5V. This Ethernet Shield is compatible with Arduino and ARM mbed Platform.
- ARM mbed Board
- Arduino Board
- Arduino-compatible Board
- You need to update Arduino IDE to use W5500 Ethernet shield(Required)
- Check the below.
- Support 3.3V / 5V
- High Speed Ethernet controller W5500 chip
- SPI interface
- Internal 32Kbytes Tx/Rx buffer
- 10/100 Ethernet PHY embedded
- Support Auto Negotiation (Full / Half duplex, 10 / 100-based)
- Hardwired TCP/IP Protocols : TCP, UDP, ICMP, IPv4, ARP, IGMP, PPPoE
- User Selectable GPIO pin
- Support SD-card slot for storage
- Support I2C, UART interface
- RJ-45 with Transformer : Ethernet Port
- W5500 : a Hardwired TCP/IP Ethernet Controller
- RESET : Reset Ethernet shield and Arduino when pressed
- SD-Slot : support Micro SD card in FAT16 or FAT32 ; (Please read 'Caution' below)
- I2C : I2C interface
- UART : UART interface
W5500 Ethernet shield has several configurable GPIOs
- When you operate it with other modules, you may need to change 'Chip Select' pin to a different one.
- W5500 INTn pin is linked to D2 (2,3 Short). So, if you need INTn pin. You soldering to 0R Resistor to Dx pin
Caution) When the user uses 5V Platform, we cannot confirm a stable operation of SD-CARD. Therefore, though 5V Platform is safe to use after going through enough tests, it is highly recommended to mount buffer & 100nF Capacitor for a secure operation.
There is a W5500 inside W5500 Ethernet shield. Therefore SPI operation & Timing Diagram of Ethernet shield follows one of W5500. For more information about W5500 chip please also refer to the chip's datasheet:
- Not buffer
- Using buffer
Rev 1.0 Schematic
- W5500 Ethernet shield Rev1.0 Schematic(Eagle CAD with PCB file)
- W5500 Ethernet shield Rev1.0 Schematic(PDF)
Rev 1.1 Schematic
- W5500 Ethernet shield Rev1.1 Schematic(Eagle CAD with PCB file
- W5500 Ethernet shield Rev1.1 Schematic(PDF)
Rev 1.01_Customize Schematic
- Do you want to develop new this product? Please look at the Rev 1.01_Customize circuit
- Rev 1.01 removed the buffer ICs from Rev 1.0 circuit
- Because, Buffer IC was limited delay speed.
- Arduino compatible INT(R25) remove
- The board size of the W5500 Ethernet shield Rev1.1 is the same as Rev1.0.
- W5500 Ethernet shield Rev1.0/1.1 Dimension