- W6100 chip development platform for net-enabled microcontroller
- Ethernet (W6100 Hardwired TCP/IP chip) and 32-bit ARM® Cortex™-M3 based designs
- Arduino Pin-compatible platform hardware.
W6100-EVB is an evaluation board for W6100 chip based on the 32-bit ARM® Cortex™-M3 microcontroller. It is the easy way to develop internet connection for efficient and small embedded systems using W6100, WIZnet's hardwired TCP/IP embedded Ethernet controller. It has been designed to be hardware pin-compatible with 'Arduino shields' for the 'Arduino UNO Rev3' and other footprint-compatible boards.
It is based on the STM STM32F103VCT6 MCU with a 32-bit ARM® Cortex™-M3 core running at Maximum 72MHz. It includes 256 or 512kB Flash memory, 64kB SRAM various interfaces, including BUS(Flexible static memory controller), SPI/SSP, I2C, UART, ADC, PWM and other I/O interfaces. Additionally, Two programmable push button switches, one RGB LED and a 10/100 Base-Tx RJ-45 connector with an integrated transformer are on board to implement embedded networking applications.
The W6100-EVB provides benefits in developing easier and powerful network applications on small form-factor and non-OS based embedded devices using the W6100 chip.
WIZnet W6100 Hardwired TCP/IP chip
- Hardwired TCP/IP embedded Ethernet controller
- Parallel Host Interface (External BUS Interface)
- SPI (Serial Peripheral Interface) Microcontroller Interface
- 32kB internal Tx/Rx socket buffer memory (8 socket)
- Support SOCKET-less Command: ARP-Request, PING-Request
- Support Auto Negotiation (Full/Half Duplex, 10/100 Speed)
- Support Auto-MDIX when Auto-Negotiation Mode.
- Hardwired TCP/IP stack supports TCP, UDP, IPv6, IPv4, ICMPv6, ICMPv4, IGMP, MLDv1, ARP, PPPoE protocols
STMicroelectronics STM32F103VCT6 MCU
- 32-bit ARM® Cortex™-M3 microcontroller running at up to 75MHz
- 256 Kbytes of Flash memory
- 48 Kbytes of SRAM
- 5 × USARTs
- 4 × 16-bit timers, 2 × basic timers
- 3 × SPIs, 2 × I2Ss, 2 × I2Cs
- USB, CAN, 2 × PWM timers
- 3 × ADCs, 2 × DACs, 1 × SDIO
- FSMC (100- and 144-pin packages)
- STMicroelectronics STM32F103VCT6 Product page
- 1-Channel 10/100Mbps Ethernet Connector (RJ45 with transformer)
- Virtual COM Port(UART via Micro USB B type) – 🌎CP2104 Drivers Download Page
- Expansion 80 GPIOs (Include analog Peripheral using 12bit ADC)
- Pin-compatible with Arduino Shields designed for the UNO Rev3
- Digital pins D0 to D15, Analog inputs A0 to A5, the power header and Etc.
- ARM standard debug connector: 5-pin Cortex debug connector for SWD (Serial Wire Debug)
- 2 x User's Push button switches
- 1 x RGB LED
- Industrial temperature specified (-40 to +85 degrees Celsius)
- [Reset] and [boot0] ISP access push button switch
- Dimension : 90 X 80 X 15(H) (Unit : mm)
- 5V DC power supply
- GPIO Input Voltage : 0 ~ 5V
- GPIO Output Voltage : 0 ~ 3.3V
- 4-layer PCB (FR-4 material, 1.6T, 1oz)
- Arduino Compatible with SWD Header Pinout
- External Pinout (left side)
- External Pinout (Right side)
W6100-EVB firmware project based on Eclipse IDE. For more details about Eclipse IDE, please refer to below link.
Download the Libraries and Application example source code for W6100-EVB https://github.com/Wiznet/W6100_EVB
It is the same as W5100-EVB
- W6100 Datasheet
- STMicroelectronics STM32F103VCT6 Datasheet
- Virtual COM Port: CP2104 COM Port Datasheet
- SINGLE INVERTER GATE SN74LVC1G04DBVR Datasheet
- Octal D-type transparent latch; 3-state 74HC573PW Datasheet
- Quad 1-of-2 multiplexer 74CBTLV3257PW Datasheet
Schematic & Part list
- W6100-EVB Rev1.1 Dimension(unit:mm)
WIZnet Website - W6100 : W6100 Chip features, Pin assignment and Hardware Ref. Design Guide
WizWiki Forum : WIZnet Forum for Technical support and Project sharing