- W5100S chip development platform for net-enabled microcontroller
- Ethernet (W5100S Hardwired TCP/IP chip) and 32-bit ARM® Cortex™-M3 based designs
- Arduino Pin-compatible platform hardware.
W5100S-EVB is an evaluation board for W5100S chip based on the 32-bit ARM® Cortex™-M3 microcontroller. It is the easy way to develop internet connection for efficient and small embedded systems using W5100S, WIZnet's hardwired TCP/IP embedded Ethernet controller. It has been designed to be hardware pin-compatible with 'Arduino shields' for the 'Arduino UNO Rev3' and other footprint-compatible boards.
It is based on the STM STM32F103VCT6 MCU with a 32-bit ARM® Cortex™-M3 core running at Maximum 72MHz. It includes 256 or 512kB Flash memory, 64kB SRAM various interfaces, including BUS(Flexible static memory controller), SPI/SSP, I2C, UART, ADC, PWM and other I/O interfaces. Additionally, Two programmable push button switches, one RGB LED and a 10/100 Base-Tx RJ-45 connector with an integrated transformer are on board to implement embedded networking applications.
The W5100S-EVB provides benefits in developing easier and powerful network applications on small form-factor and non-OS based embedded devices using the W5100S chip.
WIZnet W5100S Hardwired TCP/IP chip
- Hardwired TCP/IP embedded Ethernet controller
- Parallel Host Interface (External BUS Interface)
- SPI (Serial Peripheral Interface) Microcontroller Interface
- 16kB internal Tx/Rx socket buffer memory (4 socket)
- Support SOCKET-less Command: ARP-Request, PING-Request
- Support Auto Negotiation (Full/Half Duplex, 10/100 Speed)
- Support Auto-MDIX when Auto-Negotiation Mode.
- Hardwired TCP/IP stack supports TCP, UDP, WOL over UDP, ICMP, IGMPv1/v2, IPv4, ARP,PPPoE protocols
- W5100s Product page
STMicroelectronics STM32F103VCT6 MCU
- 32-bit ARM® Cortex™-M3 microcontroller running at up to 50MHz
- 256 Kbytes of Flash memory
- 48 Kbytes of SRAM
- 5 × USARTs
- 4 × 16-bit timers, 2 × basic timers
- 3 × SPIs, 2 × I2Ss, 2 × I2Cs
- USB, CAN, 2 × PWM timers
- 3 × ADCs, 2 × DACs, 1 × SDIO
- FSMC (100- and 144-pin packages)
- STMicroelectronics STM32F103VCT6 Product page
- 1-Channel 10/100Mbps Ethernet Connector (RJ45 with transformer)
- Virtual COM Port(UART via Micro USB B type) – CP2104 Drivers Download Page
- Expansion 80 GPIOs (Include analog Peripheral using 12bit ADC)
- Pin-compatible with Arduino Shields designed for the UNO Rev3
- Digital pins D0 to D15, Analog inputs A0 to A5, the power header and Etc.
- ARM standard debug connector: 5-pin Cortex debug connector for SWD (Serial Wire Debug)
- 2 x User's Push button switches
- 1 x RGB LED
- Industrial temperature specified (-40 to +85 degrees Celsius)
- [Reset] and [boot0] ISP access push button switch
- Dimension : 90 X 80 X 15(H) (Unit : mm)
- 5V DC power supply
- GPIO Input Voltage : 0 ~ 5V
- GPIO Output Voltage : 0 ~ 3.3V
- 4-layer PCB (FR-4 material, 1.6T, 1oz)
- Arduino Compatible with SWD Header Pinout
- External Pinout (left side)
- External Pinout (Right side)
W5100S-EVB firmware project based on Eclipse IDE. For more details about Eclipse IDE, please refer to below link. DMA example has been added to the project.
Download the Libraries and Application example source code for W5100S-EVB https://github.com/Wiznet/W5100S-EVB
DMA User GuideW5100S DMA V1.0.0 Korean.pdfFor More information about DMA, click [DMA](Application-Note/dma)
- 🌎datasheet#W5100S Datasheet
- 🌎STMicroelectronics STM32F103VCT6 Datasheet
- 🌎Virtual COM Port: CP2104 COM Port Datasheet
- 🌎SINGLE INVERTER GATE SN74LVC1G04DBVR Datasheet
- 🌎Octal D-type transparent latch; 3-state 74HC573PW Datasheet
- 🌎Quad 1-of-2 multiplexer 74CBTLV3257PW Datasheet
Schematic & Part list
- W5100S-EVB Rev1.0 Dimension(unit:mm)
🌎WIZnet Website - W5100S : W5100S Chip features, Pin assignment and Hardware Ref. Design Guide
🌎WizWiki Forum : WIZnet Forum for Technical support and Project shared